2. Bugs must die: Problems with the excavation mesh

- 12:01 am

The mesh for the excavations in Montera and Faring displayed strongly stretched texture on its edges:

This was caused by improper UV-coordinates which determine how two-dimensional textures are wrapped over the three-dimensional mesh:

Ideally these squares in this comparison are uniform in size. However, as you can see in the image before, they get stretched at the edges off the original mesh and the same happens to textures applied to it. We fixed this problem, as you can tell from the uniform squares in the after image, so now the textures display correctly, without any stretching.

Not only huge fixes are part of the CSP but also many small improvements. Here’s an example: Some heads and hairs didn’t match. That caused ugly clipping issues. We fixed that.